Getting older… Getting over …vanity of youth …insanity of fad …from the blind side of sought and the wrong side of ought. Journey out of the naiveté, but ache and wonder resides and spills from the cloven seasons of my heart, even as I laugh, life moves in for the kill.
What was the future is beyond my furrowed brow, but somehow, brightness shines in the valleys between far away thrills, bridging the distance of that old resistance in an instance, to other hidden fields. The wonders of pain and stain, of sunshine and gain are all in the palm of my gazing mind, reshaping, improving thoughts that were blind or unkind. With a thought quick as a glance, smooth as a changing stance, leaping on the tip of icebergs galore, foundations of floating depth explored.
I’m not what I pretended, less than I intended and far less than I apprehended. There is grander I cannot grasp…a pleasant and powerful undercurrent to life parallels the misery, sensed only with my meager knack to detect wonder, as I stand astride two destinies, one good, one nil. Seems to me truth is more ancient than light, rolling like waves with such force I crouch to the deck on my squeaky little ship. There is more air than I can breathe more sun than I can soak up or see.
Life will rob you of peace, but think of no other riches than those of heart. Life takes its toll but strive for no other greatness than that of soul.
Make me famous and share this:
Allen G. Bagby
Allen G. Bagby
- Allen G. Bagby
- Liberalism’s Support: Stupidity, Ignorance & Evil
- My book Blood & Soul Debuts on Amazon Kindle Best Seller
- Blood & Soul is Live and Lethal on Amazon for $0.99
- The Curtains Begin to Open: July 11
- July 11 is the DAY Blood & Soul will Publish
- My New Website
- Writing Rules Redeem
- Blood & Soul on Audio
- Blood & Soul in July
- Blood & Soul – Back Cover Brainstorming
- 5 of 5 stars to The Book of Enoch by Robert Bagley III goodreads.com/review/show/19… 14 hours ago
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend. youtu.be/7N5cJyEfX3M?a 2 days ago
- On page 200 of 413 of The Unseen Realm, by Michael S. Heiser goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 3 days ago