The Twist #writers
I proofread and edited to page 331 of a 530 page manuscript today.
According to Larry Brooks’ book Story Engineering, there needs to be a twist/context shift at the midpoint of a good story. My story is much more than a revenge story, but that is a major motivation of my main character – similar to Maximus in Gladiator.
Today I finished the section with the major twist. My hero’s goal has not changed but if he can’t modify his approach he will lose everything. But, now there is more purpose to his cause, a purpose he must bring into his motivation. He commits to a new way of getting it done and begins to take the path that will lead to the inevitable show down with the bad guys.
- Dan Wells’ Seven Point Story Structure: The Hook (jrhallwriting.com)
- The First Plot Point (sonjahutchinson.wordpress.com)
Make me famous and share this:
Allen G. Bagby
Allen G. Bagby
- Allen G. Bagby
- Liberalism’s Support: Stupidity, Ignorance & Evil
- My book Blood & Soul Debuts on Amazon Kindle Best Seller
- Blood & Soul is Live and Lethal on Amazon for $0.99
- The Curtains Begin to Open: July 11
- July 11 is the DAY Blood & Soul will Publish
- My New Website
- Writing Rules Redeem
- Blood & Soul on Audio
- Blood & Soul in July
- Blood & Soul – Back Cover Brainstorming
- 5 of 5 stars to The Book of Enoch by Robert Bagley III goodreads.com/review/show/19… 14 hours ago
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend. youtu.be/7N5cJyEfX3M?a 2 days ago
- On page 200 of 413 of The Unseen Realm, by Michael S. Heiser goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 3 days ago