Artist/Illustrator Needed for Epic Heroic Fantasy Saga
Author of upcoming epic heroic fantasy saga starting in early 2014 seeks hungry-for-success artist/illustrator to create images/art for a cohesive vision across multimedia; book cover, video promo/book trailer with text/image graphics (original epic music score provided) and website. Having knowledge of wordpress CMS is a plus and After Effects. Think – Lord of the Rings, 300, Troy, Gladiator type images and landscape – more classical and medieval. I’m looking for “realism” in the art not a cartoon or comic book look. I will provide a book synopsis to give ideas for the images. I will promote you, brag on you, and credit you if you can deliver.
What I need from you:
1. FIRST AND FOREMOST the ability to project in the screen of your mind this project and brainstorm with me and my team and the ability to collaborate with a creative director and a composer of the music for a book trailer via email, phone and/or Skype.
2. An AWESOME book cover (This is wide open but here are some pointers):
• One stand-out eye-popping singular image without being cheesy.
• Or a more complex and/or dramatic image with the illusion of a battle or Romanesque style city on the foothills of a mountain in the background.
• Book covers of authors David Gemmell, Terry Goodkind and George R. R. Martin are a good place to understand what I’m talking about. Some are single images, some are more complex.
3. Theme/Images/banner, for website (Again, a wide open brainstorming from you is okay):
• Three poses of different characters, maybe four.
• City rising on levels up into the foothills being the foreground of a mountain rising behind.
• Map for use in book trailer and book (a rough draft already exists)
• Work with creative director on an all-in-one layered image to lift out images to fit elsewhere—perhaps for the book trailer
4. AWESOME images for book trailer (original music provided) estimate time is 1 to 1:30 seconds:
• Wording will hover and glide over the map (think the trailer for the Hobbit trailer) and mixed with images/artwork and some motion/text graphic animation you will produce to correspond with music originally composed for the book trailer.
• Collaboration (conference calls, emails, phone calls,) with composer and making a killer book trailer.
• Images, wording, from the book cover, and website to coincide with book trailer images and wording.
Done by mid Jan, 2014 for book launch in Feb 2014. Don’t hesitate to contact me! THANK YOU!
Graphic Design, Illustration, Illustrator, Motion Graphics, Visual Arts
- THIS WRITING LIFE: Creating Book Trailers That Buzz! (cathrynhein.wordpress.com)