I’ve barely scratched the surface refining this final draft of Blood & Soul. Although I think this story is solid and I’m enthusiastic, refining it to perfection is going to be epic in itself. It is incredibly tedious and time consuming.
Imagine approving 32,754 punctuation changes in a 158K word document – things like changing from one style of quote (“) to another or approving the deletion of a space or the insertion of one. 705 pages of New Courier font and 750 comments in the side panel, half of them related to format changes from standard to italics. The other half of comments noting inconsistencies or suggestions on info in a paragraph of narration. My editor also caught sentences sprinkled throughout the epic draft left over from the previous versions. I suspected it would be there. It will require a lot “rewiring” so to speak to get everything just right.
As I go through this I sometimes wish I was as nerdy (and I mean that in a good way) or exacting as my editor. It boggles my mind to think he enjoys this. It’s like he is responsible for the training of an athlete. I have the muse and he’s got the mallet that knocks me back to my senses.
Back to the grindstone.
- Formatting (fredrayworth.com)
Make me famous and share this:
Allen G. Bagby
Allen G. Bagby
- Allen G. Bagby
- Liberalism’s Support: Stupidity, Ignorance & Evil
- My book Blood & Soul Debuts on Amazon Kindle Best Seller
- Blood & Soul is Live and Lethal on Amazon for $0.99
- The Curtains Begin to Open: July 11
- July 11 is the DAY Blood & Soul will Publish
- My New Website
- Writing Rules Redeem
- Blood & Soul on Audio
- Blood & Soul in July
- Blood & Soul – Back Cover Brainstorming
- 5 of 5 stars to The Book of Enoch by Robert Bagley III goodreads.com/review/show/19… 14 hours ago
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend. youtu.be/7N5cJyEfX3M?a 2 days ago
- On page 200 of 413 of The Unseen Realm, by Michael S. Heiser goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 3 days ago