I’m going to be publishing a book on Jan 1, 2014. I would like to go business premium with wordpress and get a new domain name. I have some questions and concerns since it’s $299.
1. Does business premium mean I get an email address with my new domain name?
2. Does “Custom Design” mean someone at wordpress can customize my blog/website if communicate what I would like to see on the site and/or help
me customize via Live Support, or does that just mean the potential is there? (Because if it means I need to master a CMS or write code I\’m useless)
3. At some point I might be accepting paypal or credit cards, is that option available to put on my site?
4. Is there a way for visitors to download book samples into e-readers directly from my site?
5. Can I have a pop-up to collect emails if a person wants to join my Constant Contact updates or is that just a widget/plug-in (which I have yet to master as well!)?
6. Is going business premium overkill for me?
7. Should I just go with plan premium at $99 a year?
THANK YOU for your help!
I will never write another book…that I don’t thoroughly outline first! The yet-to-be-fully-edited book I “finished” two years ago was my first venture into epic fantasy. I did everything wrong. I started out trying to write pretty sentences on the first page and had no idea where I was going.
With Blood & Soul (the first in what will be a series of standalone books called The Creed of Kings Saga) I settled down a lot and worked on the story first by outlining, but things still got way way too complicated as my imagination chased rabbits way off the trail. I did an outline. I kind of knew where I was going but not completely. Things cannot be fuzzy when I start off. As Stephen Covey says, “Begin with the end in mind[!]” Have a vision and gather all your strengths and resources around a mission to get there–that goes for business and books.
Thus, I will never write another book…without doing an outline and knowing the ending. I nailed the ending on the 5th Revision. If I had it sooner, I might be done now! As it stands now I have a lot of false trails to sever as I approach the end of Blood & Soul.
Trim cheesy fat. Build emotional muscle.
- The Covey Seven Habits (mysecondlifejournal.wordpress.com)